Friday, December 28, 2007

MHGO #11 ___ to the world!

Finally the year is over. I placed all the necessary calls on Christmas day and said all the expected, stereotypical, comforting bullshit. Why do we find it necessary to fit these exercises into our regimen on these highest of holidays? The reasons I call my family is 75% because society expects me to do so, and doing it in front of my boyfriend and his family earns me another 3%,and 22% percent to evade a fight and to ensure the "nice" conversations and rare checks keep coming.

It is weird for me, a gay male, to throw stones at any holiday, but in my 27th year of absurdity I find myself required to bloat and expel.

Ooooo work it out you new years baby!!!!!!!

-M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean, my dear. As much as I want to like the holidays, overall it's mostly an exercise in guilt, depression, and obligation. (That being said, I totally love the cheesy light displays and made-for-tv movies. And it's all so sparkly!) Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi" and hope all is well with you. I love you and miss you!! I hope I get to see you more in 2008. Muah!