Monday, July 27, 2009

Bruno.. and my thoughts

Readers.. I don't know what really to say about this film. It definitely is not Borat. Where as Borat was more tongue in cheek with its humor, Bruno (coincidentally both named with a B.)which is more shock than value. Don't get me wrong, MJ and I laughed our gay asses off at all the lewd and unexpected parts of the movie that we have come to love from Sasha.

I especially loved one of the final scenes where Bruno is trying to disquise his homosexuality as being a straight wrestler. Bruno is met in the ring by his former gay assistant and comes out to America for the first time to geers and thrown beers by the crowd. This is a shocking, troublesome and saddinging representation of the way homosexuals are unfortunately more than not treated in this country. What a way to wrap up a piece that straight America could laugh at till the last 5 minutes.

On the way out of the theater I heard 2 groups of people say how much they hated the movie. HA HA I love Free Speech.

-M

No comments: