Thursday, February 4, 2010

MHGO #52 Dummy Sex

I want to start this entry by saying I am not writing this promoting one band or group.


I wish everyone knew the power of great music. By "great" I mean "mind blowing", and by "mind blowing" I mean beyond explanation. I guess when I start a post like this, it would seem that there is no pleasing the author, which is totally incorrect.

I met my first boyfriend David when i was 18/19 in College. He was a great guy that just didn't work out, but there will always be one thing that sticks in my mind and has changed my life from it. That thing is the music we shared the weekend we visited the city I now live in.

David and I rented a hotel room. I remember spending as much as I could afford, and I think the hotel is still there but will remain nameless. (yes it is off the mag mile) That night I had the most amazing sexual and musical connection of my life. Sparing the details we made love listening to the album "Dummy' by Portishead. Now those of you that may know their music would think "how in the world is that sexy or even happy", and I thought the same thing until it randomly hit my iPod and I was too "involved" to get up and change it.

I just downloaded the album again, and it brings back so many memories. Great music changes your life, and has always provided me with more memories worth reflecting on than anything else in my life...

Have you ever had an experience like this...I would love to share.

-M

No comments: