Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MHGO #3 Tops vs. Bottoms

Why must we fight over supremacy? "Top" and "Bottom" has been a subject of much debate in every gay relationship and at every chat room and around the world. So who has the power? Who is the alpha male? Most people (gay men that is) would say that the power goes to the Top, because he is the one that has the unit that goes in the..well you get my drift. :-) I happen to have a very confidant boyfriend that begs to differ on the subject.

My husband has a little club he calls "BP" or Bottom Power. Now this little club is of the thought that bottoms are in charge because you need his ass to get yourself off. Without it, BP claims that Tops lie powerless with Rosy Palmer as a backup plan. I don't think this is entirely right though. Doesn't it and shouldn't it take two people? Is it really up to just one person to be the deciding vote on who is in charge of giving pleasure?

So then you have to look at the more stereotypical actions of these so called Bottoms and these so called Tops.

Tops kill bugs....bottoms scream at bugs.

Tops fuck ass....bottoms make sure the ass is clean for the top. (aren't they good!)

Tops have to get into fights for the bottoms....bottoms are ususally the ones causing and instigating the fight.

Yes I'm a top. And in my mind I will always be in charge. Or is that just what BP wants me to think?

I ultimately think that everyone is a little of both. I guess if it wasn't for the Bottoms there wouldn't be Tops to take care of them.

No comments: